What You Should Know About Injury Law
You did not expect to experience a serious accident. Your life has been thrown into an unfamiliar world of insurance companies and legal procedures. Frequently, you feel overwhelmed and frustrated by the legal jargon, red tape and fine print you encounter.
The team of attorneys at Maloney-Lyons, LLC, understand what you are going through because we have helped hundreds of people who were in your shoes. Led by David J. Maloney, we have represented injury victims and their relatives for nearly 20 years.
We can tell you everything you need to know about personal injury law in Alabama and what you can expect from your case.
What Is Injury Law?
Personal injury law refers to civil claims of injury due to another party’s negligence. There a wide range of injuries that may result in a personal injury lawsuit, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage and paralysis
- Severe burns and electrocution
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Severe bruises, cuts, sores and legions
If you suffered an injury and you need to file a lawsuit, then you are the plaintiff. You can seek compensation against the person who caused your injury, or the defendant.
What To Do After An Accident
- After an accident, the most important thing is to get medical treatment. Even if you do not see any injuries and you feel fine, go to a doctor.
- Call the police and have them write a report on the accident.
- Get the name and contact information, and insurance information of the other party. Get the name and contact info of any witnesses, too.
- Contact a lawyer. DO NOT speak to any insurance representatives without your lawyer present.
What Damages Can I Recover?
“Damages” are the financial compensation that you may collect after the accident. Examples of common damages include:
- Hospital bills
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Emotional trauma
- Pain and suffering
- Auto repairs
- Punitive damages
How Much Does An Attorney Cost?
If you are concerned about the cost of a lawyer, don’t be. Maloney-Lyons, LLC, does not charge any fees unless we recover compensation for you. Yes, this is true: You will not pay anything unless we win. If we don’t get money for you, then you don’t have to pay us.
Learn More In A Free Consultation
No doubt, you have many more questions about the details of your unique case. When you schedule a free consultation with Maloney-Lyons, LLC, you can ask them to Mr. Maloney himself. Get your free consultation by calling 251-517-3370 or send us an email.